New Jersey News
Slain Englewood mom, daughter laid to rest Tuesday
ENGLEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services were held Tuesday morning for a northern New Jersey mom and her young daughter who were allegedly slain by the mother's boyfriend.
Bergen County prosecutors say 34-year-old Michael Brady of Teaneck stabbed 41-year-old Tam Marie "Tammy" Pitts-Gaddy last week during an argument in her apartment in Englewood.
They say he then used a plastic bag to smother her 5-year-old daughter, Natasia Gaddy, because she had witnessed her mother's slaying.
Brady remains jailed on $2 million bail. He's pleaded not guilty to charges of murder, hindering apprehension and weapons offenses.
Prosecutors say Brady and Pitts-Gaddy had dated for the last three years and lived together at times during their relationship.
The homicides were the first in Englewood this year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, englewood, crime, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 51 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
53 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos