New Jersey News
Slain Englewood mom, daughter laid to rest Tuesday
ENGLEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services were held Tuesday morning for a northern New Jersey mom and her young daughter who were allegedly slain by the mother's boyfriend.
Bergen County prosecutors say 34-year-old Michael Brady of Teaneck stabbed 41-year-old Tam Marie "Tammy" Pitts-Gaddy last week during an argument in her apartment in Englewood.
They say he then used a plastic bag to smother her 5-year-old daughter, Natasia Gaddy, because she had witnessed her mother's slaying.
Brady remains jailed on $2 million bail. He's pleaded not guilty to charges of murder, hindering apprehension and weapons offenses.
Prosecutors say Brady and Pitts-Gaddy had dated for the last three years and lived together at times during their relationship.
The homicides were the first in Englewood this year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, englewood, crime, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ