New Jersey News
Slain Englewood mom, daughter laid to rest Tuesday
ENGLEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- Funeral services were held Tuesday morning for a northern New Jersey mom and her young daughter who were allegedly slain by the mother's boyfriend.
Bergen County prosecutors say 34-year-old Michael Brady of Teaneck stabbed 41-year-old Tam Marie "Tammy" Pitts-Gaddy last week during an argument in her apartment in Englewood.
They say he then used a plastic bag to smother her 5-year-old daughter, Natasia Gaddy, because she had witnessed her mother's slaying.
Brady remains jailed on $2 million bail. He's pleaded not guilty to charges of murder, hindering apprehension and weapons offenses.
Prosecutors say Brady and Pitts-Gaddy had dated for the last three years and lived together at times during their relationship.
The homicides were the first in Englewood this year.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, englewood, crime, new jersey news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 6 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 6 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 40 min ago
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 12 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
34 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos