New Jersey News
14 hurt, 2 critically, when SUV, van collide in Lakewood
LAKEWOOD, N.J. (WABC) -- A serious crash involving two vehicles left 14 people injured, two critically, in Lakewood, New Jersey, Tuesday night.
The drivers of a van and an SUV collided at the intersection of New Hampshire Avenue and Pine Avenue around 7:15 p.m.
Eyewitnesses said the van was carrying workers from a nearby car rental facility.
Another van of workers saw the crash and jumped into action, trying to pull victims from the mangled vehicles.
The injured were taken to three different hospitals, including Jersey Shore Medical Center, which confirmed four victims in its trauma center.
The road was shut down for hours during the cleanup and police investigation, but it has since reopened.
Investigators are looking into what caused the crash.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, accident, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos