New Jersey News
Essex County to offer gun buyback program
NEWARK -- New Jersey's next gun buyback program is planned for Essex County.
Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa will announce details during a news conference Thursday morning.
The program will seek to get guns off the streets in Newark, Orange, East Orange, Irvington and Montclair.
The announcement comes days after a gun buyback program in Mercer County netted more than 2,600 firearms, including a rocket launcher and semi-automatic rifles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, essex county, gun buy back, new jersey news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos