New Jersey News
Essex County to offer gun buyback program
NEWARK -- New Jersey's next gun buyback program is planned for Essex County.
Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa will announce details during a news conference Thursday morning.
The program will seek to get guns off the streets in Newark, Orange, East Orange, Irvington and Montclair.
The announcement comes days after a gun buyback program in Mercer County netted more than 2,600 firearms, including a rocket launcher and semi-automatic rifles.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, essex county, gun buy back, new jersey news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
43 min ago