New Jersey News
Dog clinging to ice rescued from New Jersey river
BRIDGEWATER -- Dog rescued from ice in New Jersey river Firefighters spent two hours rescuing a dog that was clinging to ice in a New Jersey river Wednesday night.
Witnesses said the dog had fallen through the ice and was in the Raritan River in Bridgewater for 30 minutes before help arrived.
Officials say two firefighters were tethered together and turned a ladder on its side to reach the Labrador/Rottweiler mix.
The dog was taken to a veterinary hospital, where it was warmed up.
The dog didn't have a collar, but a microchip helped officials identify its owner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, raritan river, bridgewater, rescue, new jersey news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth 47 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 17 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 19 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 32 min ago
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 21 min ago
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 50 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
3 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
15 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
21 min ago