New Jersey News
Dog clinging to ice rescued from New Jersey river
BRIDGEWATER -- Dog rescued from ice in New Jersey river Firefighters spent two hours rescuing a dog that was clinging to ice in a New Jersey river Wednesday night.
Witnesses said the dog had fallen through the ice and was in the Raritan River in Bridgewater for 30 minutes before help arrived.
Officials say two firefighters were tethered together and turned a ladder on its side to reach the Labrador/Rottweiler mix.
The dog was taken to a veterinary hospital, where it was warmed up.
The dog didn't have a collar, but a microchip helped officials identify its owner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, raritan river, bridgewater, rescue, new jersey news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 18 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 37 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 39 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Body found near home of Pats' Aaron Hernandez was homicide victim 27 min ago
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos