New Jersey News
Dog clinging to ice rescued from New Jersey river
BRIDGEWATER -- Dog rescued from ice in New Jersey river Firefighters spent two hours rescuing a dog that was clinging to ice in a New Jersey river Wednesday night.
Witnesses said the dog had fallen through the ice and was in the Raritan River in Bridgewater for 30 minutes before help arrived.
Officials say two firefighters were tethered together and turned a ladder on its side to reach the Labrador/Rottweiler mix.
The dog was taken to a veterinary hospital, where it was warmed up.
The dog didn't have a collar, but a microchip helped officials identify its owner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, raritan river, bridgewater, rescue, new jersey news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 36 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 1 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build 15 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos