New Jersey News
Dog clinging to ice rescued from New Jersey river
BRIDGEWATER -- Dog rescued from ice in New Jersey river Firefighters spent two hours rescuing a dog that was clinging to ice in a New Jersey river Wednesday night.
Witnesses said the dog had fallen through the ice and was in the Raritan River in Bridgewater for 30 minutes before help arrived.
Officials say two firefighters were tethered together and turned a ladder on its side to reach the Labrador/Rottweiler mix.
The dog was taken to a veterinary hospital, where it was warmed up.
The dog didn't have a collar, but a microchip helped officials identify its owner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, raritan river, bridgewater, rescue, new jersey news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 5 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday