New Jersey News
Man shot to death outside wake in Paterson
PATERSON, N.J. -- Authorities say a man was shot to death while he waited in his car for his girlfriend to leave the wake of another homicide victim at a New Jersey funeral home.
Paterson police say 25-year-old Conrad Bishop was shot several times around 10 p.m. Thursday. He staggered out of his car and collapsed in front of the funeral home as the wake was letting out.
It's not clear whether he was targeted or whether the killings are connected.
Bishop, of West New York, was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
His girlfriend had been attending a wake for a 22-year-old woman whose body was found Sunday on a highway entrance ramp.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, gun violence, shooting, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act