New Jersey News
10 homeless after 4-alarm fire in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A four-alarm fire started in one Jersey City home and spread to another Thursday morning, leaving 10 residents homeless.
The fire broke out on Bayview Avenue, where houses are closely packed, just after 4 a.m.
The flames then jumped to the second home before firefighters were able to prevent further spreading.
Ten residents in the two houses were forced out.
A neighboring apartment building was also evacuated as a precaution.
Two firefighters sustained minor injuries battling the blaze. One had a head injury, while the other suffered a groin injury.
Local streets were closed around the fire scene. The cause is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, fire, new jersey news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park