New Jersey News
10 homeless after 4-alarm fire in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A four-alarm fire started in one Jersey City home and spread to another Thursday morning, leaving 10 residents homeless.
The fire broke out on Bayview Avenue, where houses are closely packed, just after 4 a.m.
The flames then jumped to the second home before firefighters were able to prevent further spreading.
Ten residents in the two houses were forced out.
A neighboring apartment building was also evacuated as a precaution.
Two firefighters sustained minor injuries battling the blaze. One had a head injury, while the other suffered a groin injury.
Local streets were closed around the fire scene. The cause is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, fire, new jersey news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 40 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 38 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013