New Jersey News
10 homeless after 4-alarm fire in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A four-alarm fire started in one Jersey City home and spread to another Thursday morning, leaving 10 residents homeless.
The fire broke out on Bayview Avenue, where houses are closely packed, just after 4 a.m.
The flames then jumped to the second home before firefighters were able to prevent further spreading.
Ten residents in the two houses were forced out.
A neighboring apartment building was also evacuated as a precaution.
Two firefighters sustained minor injuries battling the blaze. One had a head injury, while the other suffered a groin injury.
Local streets were closed around the fire scene. The cause is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, fire, new jersey news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 2 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Anthony Weiner announces run for New York City mayor 34 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting 42 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale 29 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault 29 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
2 min ago