New Jersey News
10 homeless after 4-alarm fire in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A four-alarm fire started in one Jersey City home and spread to another Thursday morning, leaving 10 residents homeless.
The fire broke out on Bayview Avenue, where houses are closely packed, just after 4 a.m.
The flames then jumped to the second home before firefighters were able to prevent further spreading.
Ten residents in the two houses were forced out.
A neighboring apartment building was also evacuated as a precaution.
Two firefighters sustained minor injuries battling the blaze. One had a head injury, while the other suffered a groin injury.
Local streets were closed around the fire scene. The cause is under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, fire, new jersey news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Child, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 11 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos