New Jersey News
Newark Airport firm to looking to fill 1,000 jobs
NEWARK -- A ground services company at Newark Liberty International Airport is looking to hire 1,000 New Jersey residents for a new cargo and baggage handling operation.
Swissport USA is receiving assistance from the Christie Administration and the Department of Labor to help fill the jobs within the next 60 days.
The company has promised to give priority consideration to applicants displaced by Superstorm Sandy and the long-term unemployed, particularly those already involved in storm cleanup efforts.
Swissport USA is hosting several job fairs in the coming weeks, including one next week at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Newark.
Candidates for positions ranging from warehouse and cargo office agents to supervisors must have a valid driver's license, a high school diploma, a clean record and a steady work history.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 36 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins 23 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
39 min ago