New Jersey News
Newark Airport firm to looking to fill 1,000 jobs
NEWARK -- A ground services company at Newark Liberty International Airport is looking to hire 1,000 New Jersey residents for a new cargo and baggage handling operation.
Swissport USA is receiving assistance from the Christie Administration and the Department of Labor to help fill the jobs within the next 60 days.
The company has promised to give priority consideration to applicants displaced by Superstorm Sandy and the long-term unemployed, particularly those already involved in storm cleanup efforts.
Swissport USA is hosting several job fairs in the coming weeks, including one next week at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Newark.
Candidates for positions ranging from warehouse and cargo office agents to supervisors must have a valid driver's license, a high school diploma, a clean record and a steady work history.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 29 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term 47 min ago
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera 5 min ago
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break 36 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
29 min ago