New Jersey News
Firefighters find woman's body in New Jersey home
UPPER FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- State police say firefighters found a woman's body after extinguishing a blaze at a central New Jersey home.
But it's not yet clear how the woman died or whether the fire caused or contributed to her death.
The blaze at the Upper Freehold Township home was reported early Sunday and extinguished a short time later. The body was found around 1:05 a.m., but further details were not disclosed.
It appears that the woman was alone when the fire broke out at the home in the Monmouth County community.
Authorities say the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, fire death, new jersey news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 23 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos