New Jersey News
Firefighters find woman's body in New Jersey home
UPPER FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- State police say firefighters found a woman's body after extinguishing a blaze at a central New Jersey home.
But it's not yet clear how the woman died or whether the fire caused or contributed to her death.
The blaze at the Upper Freehold Township home was reported early Sunday and extinguished a short time later. The body was found around 1:05 a.m., but further details were not disclosed.
It appears that the woman was alone when the fire broke out at the home in the Monmouth County community.
Authorities say the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, fire death, new jersey news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 21 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 23 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 4 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 58 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos