New Jersey News
Dog attacks, seriously injures Lakewood infant
LAKEWOOD, N.J. -- Authorities say a 10-month-old girl suffered life-threatening injuries when she was attacked by a dog inside her family's southern New Jersey home.
Lakewood police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/15n15Vh) that the attack occurred around 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
They say the girl was playing with the dog on the living room floor when it unexpectedly lunged at the child and locked her in its jaws.
The dog, believed to be a bulldog or pit bull, inflicted deep lacerations near the girl's left ear, head and neck. She remained hospitalized Sunday, and further details on her condition were not disclosed.
Authorities say the dog does not belong to the girl's parents, and it's not clear why the animal was in the home. The girl's mother was present when the attack occurred.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, lakewood, dog attack, dog, new jersey news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide