New Jersey News
Man fatally struck on Garden State Parkway
KENILWORTH (WABC) -- A man was struck by two vehicles and killed as he ran across the Garden State Parkway in Kenilworth early Monday.
Police say 21-year-old Luis Sarmiento was running across the southbound lanes near milemarker 139.7 just before 1 a.m.
He was struck by two vehicles, both of which pulled over on the side of the highway.
Sarmiento, of Riverside, was apparently running across the highway after getting into a previous two-car crash.
He jumped out of his Honda Accord and ran across the parkway into the southbound lanes, where he was struck.
State Police closed the southbound lanes of the Parkway for several hours as they investigated.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, garden state parkway, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare