New Jersey News
Huge sinkhole pops tires on Garden State Parkway
WOODBRIDGE (WABC) -- A monster pothole on the Garden State Parkway caused a commuter nightmare Thursday morning, forcing crews to shut down one lane as they rushed to fill it.
The 6-foot by 6-foot sinkhole is located on the southbound side of the parkway, near the Driscoll Bridge, around milepost 127.8 in Woodbridge.
More than a dozen cars ended up with flat tires because of it.
Those vehicles now sit disabled on the shoulder of the road.
Crews hope to have the road repaired by the evening commute.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, woodbridge, garden state parkway, pothole, new jersey news
- Jersey City water main break repaired 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 23 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 18 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos