New Jersey News
Huge sinkhole pops tires on Garden State Parkway
WOODBRIDGE (WABC) -- A monster pothole on the Garden State Parkway caused a commuter nightmare Thursday morning, forcing crews to shut down one lane as they rushed to fill it.
The 6-foot by 6-foot sinkhole is located on the southbound side of the parkway, near the Driscoll Bridge, around milepost 127.8 in Woodbridge.
More than a dozen cars ended up with flat tires because of it.
Those vehicles now sit disabled on the shoulder of the road.
Crews hope to have the road repaired by the evening commute.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, woodbridge, garden state parkway, pothole, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures