New Jersey News
FedEx driver struck and killed in New Jersey
WOODBRIDGE (WABC) -- A FedEx driver making a delivery in New Jersey was struck and killed by a passing van Friday morning.
The incident happened on New Dover Road and Fairview Avenue in the Colonia section of Woodbridge just before 11 a.m.
The FedEx driver, identified as 43-year-old William Convery , was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of van that hit him was airlifted to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital.
Police say Convery was standing in the rear of the truck when the car struck him, killing him.
The identity of the driver has not been released, and the circumstances of the crash are unknown at this time.
No charges have been filed at this time.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, woodbridge, accident, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide 20 min ago