New Jersey News
1 dead, 1 wounded in Newark shooting
NEWARK, N.J. -- One man was killed and another was wounded in a shooting on a Newark street.
Essex County prosecutors say 29-year-old Terrell Dixon of Irvington was killed in the shooting on Renner Avenue in Newark, which was reported around 8:30 p.m. Friday.
Authorities responding to reports of shots fired soon learned that two victims had been taken to a hospital.
Dixon died there a short time later, while the second victim remained hospitalized Saturday in stable condition.
The name of the wounded man and further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
A motive for the shooting remains under investigation by the prosecutor's office and Newark police. No arrests have been made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, gun violence, shooting, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos