New Jersey News
1 dead, 1 wounded in Newark shooting
NEWARK, N.J. -- One man was killed and another was wounded in a shooting on a Newark street.
Essex County prosecutors say 29-year-old Terrell Dixon of Irvington was killed in the shooting on Renner Avenue in Newark, which was reported around 8:30 p.m. Friday.
Authorities responding to reports of shots fired soon learned that two victims had been taken to a hospital.
Dixon died there a short time later, while the second victim remained hospitalized Saturday in stable condition.
The name of the wounded man and further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
A motive for the shooting remains under investigation by the prosecutor's office and Newark police. No arrests have been made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, gun violence, shooting, new jersey news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Bethpage Air Show on for Sunday
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos
- What is it like from the pilot's seat at...
59 min ago