New Jersey News
1 dead, 1 wounded in Newark shooting
NEWARK, N.J. -- One man was killed and another was wounded in a shooting on a Newark street.
Essex County prosecutors say 29-year-old Terrell Dixon of Irvington was killed in the shooting on Renner Avenue in Newark, which was reported around 8:30 p.m. Friday.
Authorities responding to reports of shots fired soon learned that two victims had been taken to a hospital.
Dixon died there a short time later, while the second victim remained hospitalized Saturday in stable condition.
The name of the wounded man and further details on his injuries were not disclosed.
A motive for the shooting remains under investigation by the prosecutor's office and Newark police. No arrests have been made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, gun violence, shooting, new jersey news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 4 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela 48 min ago
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela 58 min ago
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 48 min ago
- Who is Bill Bratton? 49 min ago
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
31 min ago
- Who is Bill Bratton?
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos