New Jersey News
Elderly woman killed in New Jersey house fire
MARLBORO, N.J. -- Authorities say an elderly woman was killed and her housekeeper was injured when a fire broke out at a central New Jersey home.
Charles Webster, a spokesman for the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office, says the blaze at the Marlboro Township home broke out early Saturday, but further details were not immediately disclosed.
An 87-year-old woman died from injuries suffered in the fire, but her name was not released.
Webster said the woman's housekeeper suffered burns in the blaze and was being treated at a hospital, but further details were not disclosed.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, fire death, new jersey news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 32 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 13 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
2 min ago