New Jersey News
Cops: Teacher solicits sex with student on Facebook
PATERSON (WABC) -- A teacher in New Jersey is under arrest, accused of using social media to offer a student money in return for sex.
Thomas Weir, 50, was a teacher at John F. Kennedy High School in Paterson.
Police say Weir used Facebook to message the male student, and asked to meet him in the parking lot of a restaurant.
He allegedly offered $50 in return for sex.
Weir was taken into custody Saturday night in the restaurant parking lot and charged with multiple counts, including attempted sexual assault, attempted endangering the welfare of a child, luring and enticing a child and official misconduct.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, teacher arrested, new jersey news
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5 15 min ago
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of British soldier in London
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos