New Jersey News
Fisherman dies after falling through ice in New Jersey
BLOOMINGDALE, New Jersey (WABC) -- A morning of ice fishing ends with a dramatic rescue and two men in the hospital.
The incident took place on Lake Iosco in Bloomingdale, New Jersey a picturesque private freshwater lake.
Eyewitness News has learned two menidentified as 49-year-old Theodore Andreniuk, and 52-year-old Frank Ferrell were pulled from the water. Ferrell was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Andreniuk is in critical condition at Hackensack Hospital.
By noon they were in trouble as the ice cracked and they fell in.
Residents with a lakefront home heard their cries and called 911.
Ferrell's death is being investigated still by the police and the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 48 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday