New Jersey News
Fisherman dies after falling through ice in New Jersey
BLOOMINGDALE, New Jersey (WABC) -- A morning of ice fishing ends with a dramatic rescue and two men in the hospital.
The incident took place on Lake Iosco in Bloomingdale, New Jersey a picturesque private freshwater lake.
Eyewitness News has learned two menidentified as 49-year-old Theodore Andreniuk, and 52-year-old Frank Ferrell were pulled from the water. Ferrell was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Andreniuk is in critical condition at Hackensack Hospital.
By noon they were in trouble as the ice cracked and they fell in.
Residents with a lakefront home heard their cries and called 911.
Ferrell's death is being investigated still by the police and the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Chilly Wednesday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- LIE in Suffolk County reopens
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- Photos: Blind man and dog fall on subway tracks
- EXCLUSIVE: Suspect arrested in 'knockout' assaults
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- ACS workers reach plea deal in girl's death
- Jersey City reveals what was inside mysterious safes
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos