New Jersey News
Fisherman dies after falling through ice in New Jersey
BLOOMINGDALE, New Jersey (WABC) -- A morning of ice fishing ends with a dramatic rescue and two men in the hospital.
The incident took place on Lake Iosco in Bloomingdale, New Jersey a picturesque private freshwater lake.
Eyewitness News has learned two menidentified as 49-year-old Theodore Andreniuk, and 52-year-old Frank Ferrell were pulled from the water. Ferrell was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Andreniuk is in critical condition at Hackensack Hospital.
By noon they were in trouble as the ice cracked and they fell in.
Residents with a lakefront home heard their cries and called 911.
Ferrell's death is being investigated still by the police and the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 44 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 44 min ago
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker 21 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 49 min ago
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash...
44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
24 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
44 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos