New Jersey News
Fisherman dies after falling through ice in New Jersey
BLOOMINGDALE, New Jersey (WABC) -- A morning of ice fishing ends with a dramatic rescue and two men in the hospital.
The incident took place on Lake Iosco in Bloomingdale, New Jersey a picturesque private freshwater lake.
Eyewitness News has learned two menidentified as 49-year-old Theodore Andreniuk, and 52-year-old Frank Ferrell were pulled from the water. Ferrell was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Andreniuk is in critical condition at Hackensack Hospital.
By noon they were in trouble as the ice cracked and they fell in.
Residents with a lakefront home heard their cries and called 911.
Ferrell's death is being investigated still by the police and the medical examiner.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident 23 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- A-Rod sells home and makes $15 Million profit
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Parts of Saw Mill Parkway remain closed due...
44 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos