New Jersey News
Chris Christie tells 2nd grader best part of job
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie says the best part of his job is going to New York City because they close the Lincoln Tunnel for him.
That was the governor's joking response to a question posed by a second grader at a town hall meeting Wednesday.
"You get to drive right through!" Christie joked, "No traffic. It's the best. I love going to New York now. I used to hate it because I would sit in traffic."
Governor Christie also gave a more serious answer, saying he loves that every day he has the chance to change people's lives for the better.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, chris christie, lincoln tunnel, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ