New Jersey News
Chris Christie tells 2nd grader best part of job
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie says the best part of his job is going to New York City because they close the Lincoln Tunnel for him.
That was the governor's joking response to a question posed by a second grader at a town hall meeting Wednesday.
"You get to drive right through!" Christie joked, "No traffic. It's the best. I love going to New York now. I used to hate it because I would sit in traffic."
Governor Christie also gave a more serious answer, saying he loves that every day he has the chance to change people's lives for the better.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, chris christie, lincoln tunnel, new jersey news
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 32 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term 50 min ago
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera 8 min ago
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break 39 min ago
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
32 min ago