New Jersey News
Teaneck house fire sends 5 to hospital
TEANECK, N.J. -- Five people were treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation and minor injuries after a fire damaged a two-family home in northern New Jersey.
But it's not yet clear what caused the blaze at the Teaneck home, which broke out early Saturday. Fire officials say it appears that the fire started in an oven.
The blaze was contained to the back area of the home, and no major damage was reported.
The five people taken to the hospital all lived on the home's second floor.
Authorities say some other residents also suffered minor injuries, but refused treatment at the scene.
new jersey, teaneck, bergen county, fire, new jersey news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 14 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 43 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 1 min ago
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- FDA proposes first regulations for...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos