New Jersey News
FBI releases files on Whitney Houston
NEWARK (WABC) -- The FBI has released its files on a trio of investigations the agency conducted on behalf of Whitney Houston.
The records released Monday show the agency conducted one investigation into an alleged extortion attempt in 1992, but agents and prosecutors determined no crime occurred.
Agents also found no evidence of criminal threats to the singer in fan mail that was sent to the FBI for investigation in 1988 and 1999.
The 128-page file covers the height of the Grammy-winning singer's popularity but does not contain any new personal details.
Records on the FBI's extortion investigation in which Houston was interviewed at the New Jersey offices of her management company are heavily redacted.
Houston drowned in a hotel bathtub on the eve of the 2012 Grammy Awards.
new jersey, whitney houston, newark, new jersey news
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 21 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 15 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 2 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 7 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 7 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
21 min ago