New Jersey News
NJ Transit train kills man in Spring Lake
SPRING LAKE, N.J. -- New Jersey Transit says a man was struck and killed by a train in central New Jersey.
The accident occurred around 3:15 a.m. Sunday, just north of the Spring Lake train station.
NJ Transit spokeswoman Courtney Carroll says there were no passengers aboard the train.
It was carrying equipment and was headed northbound along the North Jersey Coast Line.
It was not immediately clear why the man was on the tracks, and authorities were working Sunday to learn his identity.
No other injuries were reported in the accident.
new jersey, train accident, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 58 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 58 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 47 min ago