New Jersey News
NJ Transit train kills man in Spring Lake
SPRING LAKE, N.J. -- New Jersey Transit says a man was struck and killed by a train in central New Jersey.
The accident occurred around 3:15 a.m. Sunday, just north of the Spring Lake train station.
NJ Transit spokeswoman Courtney Carroll says there were no passengers aboard the train.
It was carrying equipment and was headed northbound along the North Jersey Coast Line.
It was not immediately clear why the man was on the tracks, and authorities were working Sunday to learn his identity.
No other injuries were reported in the accident.
new jersey, train accident, new jersey transit, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Alert: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Truck driver helps catch hit-and-run suspect in Queens
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma