New Jersey News
New Jersey woman's body found at bottom of gorge
WAYNE, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police say the body of a New Jersey woman was found at the base of some waterfalls in northeastern Pennsylvania and the death is suspicious.
Authorities discovered her lifeless body on Monday.
Police say 56-year-old Gail Dews was at the bottom of the Pocono's Shohola Falls gorge. Firefighters spent most of the day trying to recover the body.
A typically serene waterfall had become the very picture of something tragic.
"It's absolutely sad. It's very heart wrenching to hear that," said neighbor Danielle Karatosun.
Near Dews house in Wayne, New Jersey, neighbors were horrified to hear what had happened.
But most here say they didn't really know Gail and her husband. Even though the couple had lived there with their children for more than a decade.
According to neighbors they kept to themselves.
According to investigators Gail Dews' husband reported her missing. She was found about an hour later.
Police are questioning him, and they are still trying to determine the exact cause of death.
new jersey, wayne, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash