New Jersey News
Suspect accused of setting gas fire at Newark moving company
NEWARK (WABC) -- A worker has been arrested after he allegedly set a small fire at a moving company in Newark.
It happened at Father and Son Moving Co. on Frelinghuysen Avenue.
Parker was employed by the Moving Company, but authorities said he was asked to leave the premises this morning.
Investigators said he left but later returned with a can of gasoline which he used to start a fire in the foyer.
There was minimal damage to the property.
Parker was taken into custody around 1:30 p.m. without incident in the vicinity of Elizabeth Avenue and West Alpine Street by detectives from the Essex County Prosecutor's Office Homicide/Major Crimes Task Force.
new jersey, newark, arson, fire, new jersey news
- Investigators search for clues, victims in East Harlem explosion 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- More East Harlem explosion victims identified 44 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 13 min ago
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape