New Jersey News
Suspect accused of setting gas fire at Newark moving company
NEWARK (WABC) -- A worker has been arrested after he allegedly set a small fire at a moving company in Newark.
It happened at Father and Son Moving Co. on Frelinghuysen Avenue.
Parker was employed by the Moving Company, but authorities said he was asked to leave the premises this morning.
Investigators said he left but later returned with a can of gasoline which he used to start a fire in the foyer.
There was minimal damage to the property.
Parker was taken into custody around 1:30 p.m. without incident in the vicinity of Elizabeth Avenue and West Alpine Street by detectives from the Essex County Prosecutor's Office Homicide/Major Crimes Task Force.
new jersey, newark, arson, fire, new jersey news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen