New Jersey News
Dog headed for Phoenix ends up in Ireland
NEWARK (WABC) -- A dog named Hendrix ended up far from its Phoenix home on the other side of the Atlanti
Edith Albach from Staten Island said she thought she put the 6-year-old dog on a flight from Newark to Phoenix last night. Her husband and daughter were waiting in Phoenix to get Hendrix, but the dog was not on the flight.
Edith got a call from the airline a few minutes before the plane landed to let her know the dog was on a plane to Shannon, Ireland instead.
The dog arrived safely in Ireland on Friday morning.
Edith says the airline could not explain how it happened, but offered her a refund.
She says she has not received an apology, and wants one. After all, it's not just a suitcase of clothes that went missing, she says. It was their dog.
A spokesperson for United Airlines said they are reviewing the circumstances and they do regret what happened.
"We have apologized and offered a full refund. We want to make this right. We regret that he was boarded on the wrong aircraft. We are doing everything we can to take steps to make sure this doesn't happen again," Mary Clark, spokeswoman for United, said. "This is not typical of the service we provide to the more than 100,000 pets that travel with us every year. United is committed to make travel safe and comfortable for pets that travel with us."
The Pet Safe staff is working to get Hendrix to Phoenix as originally planned, she said.
ONLINE: United Pet Safe Program
new jersey, dog, air travel, ireland, staten island, new jersey news
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 4 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
4 min ago