New Jersey News
Rutgers freshman found dead in his dorm room
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Andrew Gottfried of East Windsor was found dead shortly after 9 a.m. Friday in his room in Perry Hall on the Cook Campus.
He was enrolled in the School of Arts and Sciences as a pre-business major.
The cause of death has not yet been determined, and an investigation by campus police is continuing.
University officials say counselors were being provided for students who may need assistance following Gottfried's death.
new jersey, rutgers university, student death, new brunswick, new jersey news
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home 1 min ago
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty 16 min ago
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane... 38 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale