New Jersey News
Rutgers freshman found dead in his dorm room
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Rutgers University officials say the death of a freshman student found in his New Brunswick dorm room does not appear to be suspicious.
Andrew Gottfried of East Windsor was found dead shortly after 9 a.m. Friday in his room in Perry Hall on the Cook Campus.
He was enrolled in the School of Arts and Sciences as a pre-business major.
The cause of death has not yet been determined, and an investigation by campus police is continuing.
University officials say counselors were being provided for students who may need assistance following Gottfried's death.
new jersey, rutgers university, student death, new brunswick, new jersey news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 20 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 22 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 3 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift 57 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos