New Jersey News
Hackensack fire injures 2, displaces 11
HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Authorities say a firefighter and a woman were hospitalized and 11 people were dispaced when a fast-moving fire destroyed a northern New Jersey home and severely damaged another residence.
Hackensack fire officials tell The Record (http://bit.ly/Z7wzaW) that dozens of firefighters battled the blaze, which broke out shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday.
It took roughly 90 minutes to bring the blaze under control, as firefighters contended with very icy and windy conditions. Officials say the injured firefighter hurt his back after slipping and falling on icy ground, while a woman who was being evacuated from a nearby house suffered an asthma attack after inhaling smoke.
Both were being treated at the hospital, but further details on their conditions were not disclosed.
The American Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents.
new jersey, bergen county, hackensack, fire, new jersey news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 15 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Investigation after police shoot suspect in Conn.
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 10 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile