New Jersey News
2 separate bomb scares at Newark Airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- There is new information on two bomb scares at Newark Airport on Sunday. One emptied a flight and delayed passengers.
The Port Authority says 44-year-old Eran Hess, an Israeli citizen, told a United Airlines agent that there was a bomb in his bag, which was loaded on to the plane bound for Miami.
Investigators say Hess became upset when he was told there were no more seats on the flight to Miami, and made the threat.
Also at Newark Airport Sunday, a Hoboken man allegedly told agents at a TSA checkpoint that he had a bomb in his shoe.
35-year-old Thomas Foley III was released on his own recognizance.
newark liberty international airport, new jersey, newark, bomb scare, newark international airport, new jersey news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 53 min ago
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 1 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
34 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos