New Jersey News
2 separate bomb scares at Newark Airport
NEWARK (WABC) -- There is new information on two bomb scares at Newark Airport on Sunday. One emptied a flight and delayed passengers.
The Port Authority says 44-year-old Eran Hess, an Israeli citizen, told a United Airlines agent that there was a bomb in his bag, which was loaded on to the plane bound for Miami.
Investigators say Hess became upset when he was told there were no more seats on the flight to Miami, and made the threat.
Also at Newark Airport Sunday, a Hoboken man allegedly told agents at a TSA checkpoint that he had a bomb in his shoe.
35-year-old Thomas Foley III was released on his own recognizance.
newark liberty international airport, new jersey, newark, bomb scare, newark international airport, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation