New Jersey News
Fire burns through Garfield condos under construction
GARFIELD (WABC) -- A fire burned through a row of condos still under construction at a Garfield apartment complex early Tuesday.
Flames shot through the roofs of at least four condo buildings still being built on River Drive South.
The fire broke out just before 5 a.m. and burned for hours.
Firefighters had limited access the fire because of unplowed streets in the unfinished complex, and then had to run water lines through the snow and slush.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The complex boasted 11 new homes, as well as a clubhouse, to be completed by summer.
Some are occupied, but the row of homes that burned were only recently completed or still under construction.
new jersey, garfield, fire, new jersey news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 8 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Records: Man in movie theater shooting also was texting
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday