New Jersey News
Fire burns through Garfield condos under construction
GARFIELD (WABC) -- A fire burned through a row of condos still under construction at a Garfield apartment complex early Tuesday.
Flames shot through the roofs of at least four condo buildings still being built on River Drive South.
The fire broke out just before 5 a.m. and burned for hours.
Firefighters had limited access the fire because of unplowed streets in the unfinished complex, and then had to run water lines through the snow and slush.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The complex boasted 11 new homes, as well as a clubhouse, to be completed by summer.
Some are occupied, but the row of homes that burned were only recently completed or still under construction.
new jersey, garfield, fire, new jersey news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013