New Jersey News
Child abduction attempt in Beachwood, New Jersey
BEACHWOOD (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a man who tried to abduct an 11-year-old boy Thursday afternoon.
Authorities have released a sketch of the suspect.
Police say the boy was walking home from school in Beachwood, Ocean County, when the man drove up beside him near Cable Avenue.
The boy told police the man got out of his car, a black Audi, and grabbed his arm.
The boy ran away and called police.
"We're taking this very seriously," police sergeant Frank Melillo said. "We don't feel it's a hoax. It is an ongoing investigation."
The man was described as white, bald and about 6-feet tall. He was wearing a black leather jacket and white T-shirt, Melillo said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 732-286-6000, ext. 191.
new jersey, abduction, new jersey news
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- New measles cases confirmed in New York City 20 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos