New Jersey News
Child abduction attempt in Beachwood, New Jersey
BEACHWOOD (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are looking for a man who tried to abduct an 11-year-old boy Thursday afternoon.
Authorities have released a sketch of the suspect.
Police say the boy was walking home from school in Beachwood, Ocean County, when the man drove up beside him near Cable Avenue.
The boy told police the man got out of his car, a black Audi, and grabbed his arm.
The boy ran away and called police.
"We're taking this very seriously," police sergeant Frank Melillo said. "We don't feel it's a hoax. It is an ongoing investigation."
The man was described as white, bald and about 6-feet tall. He was wearing a black leather jacket and white T-shirt, Melillo said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 732-286-6000, ext. 191.
new jersey, abduction, new jersey news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot 57 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos