New Jersey News
Spring storm dropping sloppy mix on New Jersey, eastern Long Island
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- A spring storm that buried parts of the midwest in snow is now dropping a sloppy mix on part of our area.
New Jersey Transit is preparing to help commuters get around the Garden State during the storm, cross-honoring tickets on all public transit.
Extra staff will also be on duty to minimize delays and keep commuters informed of any schedule changes.
A winter storm warning remains in effect from Ocean County south, where 3 to 5 inches of snow are possible. A winter weather advisory is posted for central New Jersey, where 1 to 3 inches are predicted.
The areas that will be hit the hardest are along the Jersey shore and eastern Long Island.
Unofficial weather observers have reported 2 inches on the ground in Franklin Township in Gloucester County, 1 1/2 in in Hammonton and 1 inch in Cherry Hill.
But with dayside temperatures mostly hovering in the mid-30s, the greatest amounts of accumulation are expected to occur mostly on grassy areas and unpaved surfaces.
Authorities are urging residents to allow extra travel time on Monday. They say that depending on how the storm plays out, slushy and slippery conditions could exist on many roadways, especially side streets and rural roads.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
new jersey, storm, snow, snow storm, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says 23 min ago
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos