New Jersey News
2 bodies found inside multi-family home in Long Branch
LONG BRANCH (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating a deadly and disturbing discovery in New Jersey Tuesday.
Two people were found dead inside a multi-family home on Sairs Avenue in Long Branch, about a block away from Long Branch High School and Long Branch Middle School.
Police are calling the incident a double homicide, and the victims have been identified as 35-year-old Maria Yolanda Cotejo Menoz and 33-year-old Feredis Venturo. Police say the two were dating.
Authorities arrived on the scene around 4:30 p.m. Monday and were still gathering evidence early Tuesday. They carted off a white van with the words "Diaz Painting" on it.
Menoz was apparently reporte missing on Sunday, and police went to her boyfriend's apartment to look for her. That's when they discovered the bodies.
A student who lives on the second floor of the home told Eyewitness News reporter Matt Kozar he was stunned by what transpired just below him.
"There was a forensics team here, and I actually seen them haul off one of the bodies into a van in a black bag," Noel Manguel said. "It was just like in the movies."
Long Branch police and the Monmouth County Prosecutors Office continue to investigate the incident. There is no work whether authorities have identified any suspects or persons of interest.
new jersey, long branch, body found, new jersey news
- At least 1 dead, 15 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 11 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25