New Jersey News
2 bodies found inside multi-family home in Long Branch
LONG BRANCH (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating a deadly and disturbing discovery in New Jersey Tuesday.
Two people were found dead inside a multi-family home on Sairs Avenue in Long Branch, about a block away from Long Branch High School and Long Branch Middle School.
Police are calling the incident a double homicide, and the victims have been identified as 35-year-old Maria Yolanda Cotejo Menoz and 33-year-old Feredis Venturo. Police say the two were dating.
Authorities arrived on the scene around 4:30 p.m. Monday and were still gathering evidence early Tuesday. They carted off a white van with the words "Diaz Painting" on it.
Menoz was apparently reporte missing on Sunday, and police went to her boyfriend's apartment to look for her. That's when they discovered the bodies.
A student who lives on the second floor of the home told Eyewitness News reporter Matt Kozar he was stunned by what transpired just below him.
"There was a forensics team here, and I actually seen them haul off one of the bodies into a van in a black bag," Noel Manguel said. "It was just like in the movies."
Long Branch police and the Monmouth County Prosecutors Office continue to investigate the incident. There is no work whether authorities have identified any suspects or persons of interest.
new jersey, long branch, body found, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 22 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 31 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 52 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
52 min ago