New Jersey News
2 bodies found inside multi-family home in Long Branch
LONG BRANCH (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating a deadly and disturbing discovery in New Jersey Tuesday.
Two people were found dead inside a multi-family home on Sairs Avenue in Long Branch, about a block away from Long Branch High School and Long Branch Middle School.
Police are calling the incident a double homicide, and the victims have been identified as 35-year-old Maria Yolanda Cotejo Menoz and 33-year-old Feredis Venturo. Police say the two were dating.
Authorities arrived on the scene around 4:30 p.m. Monday and were still gathering evidence early Tuesday. They carted off a white van with the words "Diaz Painting" on it.
Menoz was apparently reporte missing on Sunday, and police went to her boyfriend's apartment to look for her. That's when they discovered the bodies.
A student who lives on the second floor of the home told Eyewitness News reporter Matt Kozar he was stunned by what transpired just below him.
"There was a forensics team here, and I actually seen them haul off one of the bodies into a van in a black bag," Noel Manguel said. "It was just like in the movies."
Long Branch police and the Monmouth County Prosecutors Office continue to investigate the incident. There is no work whether authorities have identified any suspects or persons of interest.
new jersey, long branch, body found, new jersey news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute 18 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
51 min ago