New Jersey News
Jeep lands on top of car in 10-vehicle pileup in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- One car landed on top of another in a 10-vehicle crash on the New Jersey Turnpike's Hudson County Extension in Newark Tuesday morning.
The jeep was pushed on top of another vehicle during the chain-reaction crash on the eastbound roadway at around 6:20 a.m.
As many as 10 vehicles collided, including at least five cars, two dump trucks and a box truck.
Crews had to bring in a small a crane to remove the Jeep.
The two dump trucks became disabled, blocking lanes for about an hour.
One driver sustained a minor injury.
The cause is under investigation.
new jersey, newark, new jersey turnpike, accident, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster