New Jersey News
Jeep lands on top of car in 10-vehicle pileup in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- One car landed on top of another in a 10-vehicle crash on the New Jersey Turnpike's Hudson County Extension in Newark Tuesday morning.
The jeep was pushed on top of another vehicle during the chain-reaction crash on the eastbound roadway at around 6:20 a.m.
As many as 10 vehicles collided, including at least five cars, two dump trucks and a box truck.
Crews had to bring in a small a crane to remove the Jeep.
The two dump trucks became disabled, blocking lanes for about an hour.
One driver sustained a minor injury.
The cause is under investigation.
new jersey, newark, new jersey turnpike, accident, new jersey news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 39 min ago
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 26 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 10 min ago
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Photos: Elmwood Park motel fire