New Jersey News
Students fight, post video on Facebook
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (WABC) -- Students are getting into fights at one New Jersey high school and then posting the video of the fights on a Facebook page.
Since mid-March a number of student face offs have been recorded with cell phones on and off the Bridgewater-Raritan High School campus.
Then they are put up on the BRHS Facebook page.
So far there are more than 700 likes and a growing number of comments.
One person wrote, "I honestly can't believe there's a fb page of this."
Another said, "This is awful, why would anyone make this page?"
That outrage shared by parents like Carlo Castoro.
"Sickening. I think today kids grow up too fast to begin with," Castoro said.
Most of the parents Eyewitness News spoke with didn't even know the Facebook page existed, but in the community surrounding the high school it's quickly becoming the talk of the town.
"It's terrible, something we don't need in Bridgewater," said George Jankowski, a parent.
It's also the focus of school district officials who are trying to knock the website down for the count.
District officials are trying to figure out who posted the Facebook page.
They're hoping to reverse this disturbing trend of students fighting and posting the results online.
The schools superintendent has reportedly seen an increase in the number of fights on the high school campus.
They are handing out suspensions to the students captured on camera.
But that alone hasn't been enough to stop this Facebook page from getting the footage it needs to keep going.
new jersey, facebook, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide