New Jersey News
Students fight, post video on Facebook
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (WABC) -- Students are getting into fights at one New Jersey high school and then posting the video of the fights on a Facebook page.
Since mid-March a number of student face offs have been recorded with cell phones on and off the Bridgewater-Raritan High School campus.
Then they are put up on the BRHS Facebook page.
So far there are more than 700 likes and a growing number of comments.
One person wrote, "I honestly can't believe there's a fb page of this."
Another said, "This is awful, why would anyone make this page?"
That outrage shared by parents like Carlo Castoro.
"Sickening. I think today kids grow up too fast to begin with," Castoro said.
Most of the parents Eyewitness News spoke with didn't even know the Facebook page existed, but in the community surrounding the high school it's quickly becoming the talk of the town.
"It's terrible, something we don't need in Bridgewater," said George Jankowski, a parent.
It's also the focus of school district officials who are trying to knock the website down for the count.
District officials are trying to figure out who posted the Facebook page.
They're hoping to reverse this disturbing trend of students fighting and posting the results online.
The schools superintendent has reportedly seen an increase in the number of fights on the high school campus.
They are handing out suspensions to the students captured on camera.
But that alone hasn't been enough to stop this Facebook page from getting the footage it needs to keep going.
new jersey, facebook, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos