New Jersey News
New Jersey cold case involving severed head finally solved
HOPEWELL (WABC) -- A New Jersey cold case is finally solved, 24 years after a young woman's severed head was found on the seventh hole of the Hopewell Valley Golf Club.
Police say the remains belong to 25-year-old Heidi Balch, from New York City.
Authorities say she had been working as a prostitute in 1989.
She is believed to have been one of 17 victims of Long Island serial killer Joel Rifkin.
new jersey, long island, serial killer, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos