New Jersey News
New Jersey cold case involving severed head finally solved
HOPEWELL (WABC) -- A New Jersey cold case is finally solved, 24 years after a young woman's severed head was found on the seventh hole of the Hopewell Valley Golf Club.
Police say the remains belong to 25-year-old Heidi Balch, from New York City.
Authorities say she had been working as a prostitute in 1989.
She is believed to have been one of 17 victims of Long Island serial killer Joel Rifkin.
new jersey, long island, serial killer, new jersey news
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia