New Jersey News
New Jersey cold case involving severed head finally solved
HOPEWELL (WABC) -- A New Jersey cold case is finally solved, 24 years after a young woman's severed head was found on the seventh hole of the Hopewell Valley Golf Club.
Police say the remains belong to 25-year-old Heidi Balch, from New York City.
Authorities say she had been working as a prostitute in 1989.
She is believed to have been one of 17 victims of Long Island serial killer Joel Rifkin.
new jersey, long island, serial killer, new jersey news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 3 min ago
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos