New Jersey News
New Jersey cold case involving severed head finally solved
HOPEWELL (WABC) -- A New Jersey cold case is finally solved, 24 years after a young woman's severed head was found on the seventh hole of the Hopewell Valley Golf Club.
Police say the remains belong to 25-year-old Heidi Balch, from New York City.
Authorities say she had been working as a prostitute in 1989.
She is believed to have been one of 17 victims of Long Island serial killer Joel Rifkin.
new jersey, long island, serial killer, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 9 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees