New Jersey News
Fire burns through row homes in Jersey City
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A four alarm fire is blazing between a row of homes on Belmont Avenue in Jersey City, New Jersey.
The fire spread through six different homes. Residents went door to door saving eachother.
"I'm just cold and have been out here for 3 hours, but I'm just glad everyone made it out safe," said one resident.
The cause of the fire is not known at this time.
One firefighter suffered minor injuries.
Officials say 15-18 families have been displaced as a result of the damage. The Red Cross is helping place those families into shelters.
new jersey, new jersey news
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire