New Jersey News
'Most wanted' Canadian fugitive arrested in NJ
NEWARK, N.J. -- Law enforcement officials say a man on Canada's top 10 most wanted fugitives list has been arrested in New Jersey.
Fifty-one-year-old Dieuseul Jean was wanted in Canada for the alleged murder of his girlfriend in 1995.
Officials from Interpol's U.S. National Central Bureau in Washington announced Thursday that new investigative leads lead to Jean's March 22 arrest.
Jean faces murder charges in Montreal for the fatal stabbing of 42-year-old Juthlande Pierre of Roxboro, Canada.
Prosecutors say Jean stabbed Pierre more than 15 times and hid her body in a basement. She was found later after a friend reporting her missing.
Authorities say Jean fled Canada for Newark, N.J., where he allegedly lived under an alias.
Jean is in U.S. custody awaiting extradition. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
new jersey, arrest, new jersey news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- NYC 's smoking ban to include e-cigarettes 26 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos