New Jersey News
'Most wanted' Canadian fugitive arrested in NJ
NEWARK, N.J. -- Law enforcement officials say a man on Canada's top 10 most wanted fugitives list has been arrested in New Jersey.
Fifty-one-year-old Dieuseul Jean was wanted in Canada for the alleged murder of his girlfriend in 1995.
Officials from Interpol's U.S. National Central Bureau in Washington announced Thursday that new investigative leads lead to Jean's March 22 arrest.
Jean faces murder charges in Montreal for the fatal stabbing of 42-year-old Juthlande Pierre of Roxboro, Canada.
Prosecutors say Jean stabbed Pierre more than 15 times and hid her body in a basement. She was found later after a friend reporting her missing.
Authorities say Jean fled Canada for Newark, N.J., where he allegedly lived under an alias.
Jean is in U.S. custody awaiting extradition. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
new jersey, arrest, new jersey news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey