New Jersey News
Fundraiser in honor of slain Newark IHOP manager
NEWARK (WABC) -- The owners of an IHOP restaurant in Newark held a fundraiser in honor of the store manager who was murdered on the job March 23rd.
Papa Khaly Noiyae, originally from Senegal, was shot and killed while trying to break up a dispute in the restaurant's parking lot.
30 percent of the proceeds will be donated to the Emergency Room at the UMDNJ Hospital across the street from the restaurant, where Noiyae and two other men wounded in the shooting were brought that night.
In addition, some of the money raised will be contributed to a community organization dedicated to fighting crime and violence in the neighborhood.
Police are still searching for the killer.
They released a grainy surveillance image of the shooter on Monday evening.
The incident happened just after 3 a.m. in the parking lot of the restaurant on Bergen Street, sending people running for cover.
Sources say the shooting stemmed from a fight that happened inside the restaurant.
Crime Stoppers of Essex County is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the suspect.
new jersey, newark, murder, new jersey news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade 25 min ago
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos