New Jersey News
Elderly man killed, wife seriously hurt in crash
MANALAPAN, N.J. -- An elderly New Jersey man was killed and his wife was seriously injured when their car left a central New Jersey highway and crashed into several trees.
Manalapan police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/13J0qPX) that 70-year-old township resident Arthur Thompson was driving southbound on Route 9 when the crash occurred around 6:20 p.m. Saturday, between Taylor Mills and Symmes roads in the Monmouth County community.
Thompson was pronounced dead shortly after the crash occurred.
His 68-year-old wife, Lilly, was flown to a hospital and was being treated in the intensive care unit, but further details on her injuries were not disclosed.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
new jersey, manalapan, monmouth county, accident, new jersey news
- Bratton joins Sharpton at rally in Harlem 54 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment 26 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman