New Jersey News
Body found in search for missing boater in Clinton Township reservoir
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, NJ (WABC) -- NJ State Police divers recovered a body from Round Valley Reservoir Monday night.
Side scan sonar located an object about 70 feet deep in the area where the missing boaters' canoe overturned.
Divers went down and found the body of a middle aged man.
State Police believe the man was fishing on the reservoir when the canoe overturned.
Witnesses initially said two people were in the water, but State Police say it was only one. They have no other missing persons reports. Their search of the reservoir has ended.
The Hunterdon County Medical Examiner's Office has taken possession of the body and will work to confirm his identity and cause of death.
new jersey, clifton township, water rescue, new jersey news
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks 29 min ago
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Workers remove rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 59 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of...
59 min ago