New Jersey News
Body found in search for missing boater in Clinton Township reservoir
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, NJ (WABC) -- NJ State Police divers recovered a body from Round Valley Reservoir Monday night.
Side scan sonar located an object about 70 feet deep in the area where the missing boaters' canoe overturned.
Divers went down and found the body of a middle aged man.
State Police believe the man was fishing on the reservoir when the canoe overturned.
Witnesses initially said two people were in the water, but State Police say it was only one. They have no other missing persons reports. Their search of the reservoir has ended.
The Hunterdon County Medical Examiner's Office has taken possession of the body and will work to confirm his identity and cause of death.
new jersey, clifton township, water rescue, new jersey news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 16 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 1 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures 18 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 11 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
16 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos