New Jersey News
Mom accused of setting home on fire with daughter inside
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP (WABC) -- An Egg Harbor woman is accused of setting her home on fire while her 12-year-old daughter was inside.
Authorities have charged Amy Ochetto, 43, of Windwood Drive in the Cardiff section of the township.
According to police, Ochetto used some kind of flammable liquid to start the fire shortly after midnight while her 12-year-old daughter and another adult were inside.
Both of them escaped the home without injury.
Police did not say why they believe Ochetto was trying to burn the house.
Ochetto is charged with aggravated arson, two counts of aggravated assault, and endangering the welfare of a child.
She is being held on $100,000 cash bail.
new jersey, egg harbor, fire, new jersey news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall