New Jersey News
Mom accused of setting home on fire with daughter inside
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP (WABC) -- An Egg Harbor woman is accused of setting her home on fire while her 12-year-old daughter was inside.
Authorities have charged Amy Ochetto, 43, of Windwood Drive in the Cardiff section of the township.
According to police, Ochetto used some kind of flammable liquid to start the fire shortly after midnight while her 12-year-old daughter and another adult were inside.
Both of them escaped the home without injury.
Police did not say why they believe Ochetto was trying to burn the house.
Ochetto is charged with aggravated arson, two counts of aggravated assault, and endangering the welfare of a child.
She is being held on $100,000 cash bail.
new jersey, egg harbor, fire, new jersey news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 7 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 33 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos